Question 8) Entry of your choice.
This book was boring and it was like a nightmare when I first read it. So I had to read it again because I didn’t know anything about the story and had too many things I didn’t understand. The second time I read this book was much interesting and did a lot of help to finish this homework. I marked some passages that I thought was important and had a same feeling as it. There are several passages that I particularly want to tell to the people. Assuming the real world we are living has the same corrupted condition of the society in this book, it is depressing to realize the following quotes. They are “No one has time any more for anyone else.”, “It’s been a long time since anyone cared enough to ask”, “There was a long time ago when they had things different. They believed in responsibility.”, “Nobody listens anymore.” They all talk about how the corruption of the society influenced and how it shows to individual people. The characters’ distressed confess toward it was sincere. If it is really happening now somewhere, and soon the community we live would be like it is in the book, it would be sad.
This book was hard to read because I read it without thinking anything. However as I reread it with interest to know what the author wanted to say to us, I could find the authors purpose easily. He wanted to acknowledge to the readers that books are important and relates a lot to the politics. To wrap up, I think the particular community’s development and its quality of people’s living depend a lot on whether and how much people use them to their community, and how much they are interested and caring for their community.
Sunday, February 25, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
It was boring to me too. I think everybody first thought to be boring but after they read it it became kind of interesting. I hope you really enjoyed it.
It was very hard to me to understand what was going on too. First, it was so hard and kind of boring so that I wanted to read another book. I didn't understand much of the story so I read few parts of the novel over again and I realize smaller details in the novel. I wish the situation like one in the novel will not happens to us, such as the facts like that “Nobody listens anymore.”
Nice job!
I agree with Heejoo! I felt the same way. When I first started reading, I had no idea what the story was about and I was very worried if I would understand the whole story in the end. I kept reading and started understand little by little. However, Heejoo chose to read for two times! Wow. I think she has put a lot of effort to understand and work through this project. Good job, Heejoo! :)
I agree with ou that this book is very confusing the first time you read it. Also, it can be an easier book if you read it the second time or got to the second part of the story. I really felt that your were right about people who have no time for anyone else. I also think that you did a great job talking about how hard the book is without thinking.
I agree with you. It was really hard for me also. It took a lot of time to understand and get interesting about the story. I think, however, I enjoyed it very much.
HaHa.
I think that everyone who read this book thought that this book was boring. I thought that this book was very boring. At first, I didn't even understand what the book was about. But as the pages went on it got more interesting and it was very fun. I enjoyed this book and I am glad that I chose this book. I hope you enjoyed this book as well.
Post a Comment