5) What is the mood of this novel? Do you find this novel saddens you in any way? Why?
The mood of this novel is dark, strain and tension for we do not know what would happen next and who will be murdered in any way. And it is more severely felt because there is no adult and there are only a number of boys who you don’t know when they will become more violent. If I think of this story, I see the color dark green, shaded and dull. I thought about color green because it is an island full of trees and leaves, but there is some dangerous elements exposed to young and old boys and I think it might be very nervous if I were in their situation. I both feel sorry for the boys and don’t feel very sad about this story. If I think about that it is natural of any person to be like the boys in the book, at least more violent and dangerous, if there are no adults in the place nor they do know much about importance of rules. Being only with people who are not fully grown, they had to become violent to survive and end up killing others while they became violent. And it is also why they started to feel fear in themselves and began to see objects as beasts in the abandoned place they alone are in without no one to protect them and encourage them. However, if they had known better about having more rules to protect them from changing and murdering, they wouldn’t have been killing each other. I feel sorry for them in this point of view that they had no choice to be under savage-like Jack and Roger to survive under strong position.
Monday, March 26, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment