Monday, March 26, 2007

Question 8

8) Entry of your Choice- Why did the author set the ending of the story as the boys rescued by the Navy? Why did he do it?

I think the author did it for aftereffect that the war in the island led to the bigger war and their severe change will not erase in their characteristic. He wanted to show that their small change to savageness was never going to disappear in their instinct. He would have made the story end like that way because he wanted to show more serious problem of the world without law. And I surely felt that there need something to control people and the public if there is a group of people of more than two. Unless they have something to base on, the world would be messy and make a big confusion. Ultimately, they would even have a war like it was in the book. I could guess that in the bigger part, wider limit of the world, there is a war and it is also because something was not settled between one nation and the other. From there, I felt the need of more organization and rule to prevent the collision of specific groups or nations. We still need more law to make the world peaceful and safe, for our sakes and for the world that should cooperate. This book tells us that we need law or our living will be very stable. I assume this is what the author wanted to find out. He shows us the effect of law a group of people need to hold on and I learned the importance of the law in our lives.

No comments: