6) Please choose one passage from the novel that is significant to you. Why is this passage meaningful? Please type it into one of your entries and comment on what you think about the passage.
The passage I am quoting is when the group of boys starting to visualize the fear in to beasts they saw and recognize them before they get parted. There were some short parts that some boys indicated that the beast they saw was not real; it was only an illusion, and that the beast they saw was a form of fear in them, which could be also mentioned as the characteristic of beast inside them. They started to recognize the beast that it was the real characteristic of savageness hidden inside them which was not shown but will be shown afterwards when they struggle to survive.
“ ‘We’ve got to talk about this fear and decide there’s noting in it. I’m frightened of myself, sometimes; only that’s nonsense! Like bogies. Then, when we’ve decided, we can start again and be careful about things like the fire.’ A picture of three boys walking along the bright beach fitted through his mind. ‘And be happy.’ ” (pg. 82)
“ ‘Maybe,’ he said hesitantly, ‘Maybe there is a beast.’ … ‘You, Simon? You believe in this?’ … ‘I don’t know,’ said Simon.… ‘What I mean is . . . maybe it’s only us.’ … Simon went on ‘We could be sort of. . . .’ ” (pg. 89)
These parts were when I thought Ralph and Simon were clever to scent out that the real b
east was in them. I wouldn’t have thought that way if I were them. This part was meaningful that the beast were shown to them as a fear but most of them did not fear themselves and didn’t seem to realize that they were “the beasts.” And this is what I think we should be aware of that we do not know the severe problem in ourselves and we do not expect what is happening inside of us.
The passage I am quoting is when the group of boys starting to visualize the fear in to beasts they saw and recognize them before they get parted. There were some short parts that some boys indicated that the beast they saw was not real; it was only an illusion, and that the beast they saw was a form of fear in them, which could be also mentioned as the characteristic of beast inside them. They started to recognize the beast that it was the real characteristic of savageness hidden inside them which was not shown but will be shown afterwards when they struggle to survive.
“ ‘We’ve got to talk about this fear and decide there’s noting in it. I’m frightened of myself, sometimes; only that’s nonsense! Like bogies. Then, when we’ve decided, we can start again and be careful about things like the fire.’ A picture of three boys walking along the bright beach fitted through his mind. ‘And be happy.’ ” (pg. 82)
“ ‘Maybe,’ he said hesitantly, ‘Maybe there is a beast.’ … ‘You, Simon? You believe in this?’ … ‘I don’t know,’ said Simon.… ‘What I mean is . . . maybe it’s only us.’ … Simon went on ‘We could be sort of. . . .’ ” (pg. 89)
These parts were when I thought Ralph and Simon were clever to scent out that the real b
east was in them. I wouldn’t have thought that way if I were them. This part was meaningful that the beast were shown to them as a fear but most of them did not fear themselves and didn’t seem to realize that they were “the beasts.” And this is what I think we should be aware of that we do not know the severe problem in ourselves and we do not expect what is happening inside of us.
No comments:
Post a Comment